Preplanning Today for the Ones You Love
Today, more people are participating in funeral pre-planning for themselves and making prearrangements for someone that is ill or needs extended medical care. Pre-planning or pre-arranging a funeral in advance is a source of comfort and appreciation, as it reduces decisions and even financial obligations on those you love most.
Coats Funeral Home made its first funeral pre-plan arrangements in 1935. We are happy to share our thorough knowledge of the laws governing pre-arrangements and to counsel you on this subject without cost or obligation.
Reduce Your Emotions and Stress
Arranging a funeral when we have lost a loved one is extremely challenging, as emotions and stress are high and numerous decisions must be made in a short time. Funeral pre-planning helps all involved understand the various issues faced at the time of death and facilitate the many decisions.
When you begin funeral pre-planning, whether or not it is prefunded, you will:
- Record vital information for legal documents, such as:
- Legal name and address
- Date and place of birth
- Parents’ names
- Family ancestry
- Education level
- Social security number
- Veterans information
Bring together other information, such as:
- Family members
- Groups and organizations
- Church affiliation
- Type of service requested
- Information as to burial or cremation
- Selection of casket, outer burial container or cremation urn
This information is kept on file at Coats Funeral Home. At the time of need, just call us, and we will process forward with your wishes.
Funeral Pre Planning Benefits Are Numerous
As we plan for so many things in our lives, it makes sense to plan for the inevitable. Here are examples of the numerous benefits of a funeral preplan:
- Security and comfort knowing that your wishes are recorded
- Relieving your loved ones of difficult tasks during an emotional time
- Time to consider how to memorialize your loved one
Prepaid funerals have additional benefits, including:
- Relieving loved ones of the financial burden
- Arrangements are guaranteed at today’s cost for tomorrow’s need
- Protecting future assets, should you need to apply for Medicaid
Financing your funeral arrangements in advance ensures that your wishes are carried out, and your family will not have a financial obligation. Most importantly, pay today’s cost for tomorrow’s expense.
If pre-financing is not for you, we do encourage you to have your wishes documented and on file with Coats Funeral Home along with a copy for yourself and your family.
We invite you to contact us at Coats Funeral Home.